The economic recession that plagued the Country since 2016 has affected the NYSC Calendar, delaying planning and call-up to service as supposed but one thing is certain; the NYSC scheme is very much active and on-going.
Some would say NYSC has outlived its purpose and should be scrapped but for others the scheme has changed lives and is something they’ll like sustained and improved.
As usual, the NYSC Batch A 2017 Prospective Corps Members are expected to be in two streams, i.e 2017 Batch A stream 1 Prospective Corps Members(PCM) and 2017 Batch A stream 2 Prospective Corps Members(PCM). The stream A prospective corps member falls into can’t be predetermined.
I understand you’ll be asking questions like: When would registration start for 2017 Batch A NYSC Corps Members?, When would Batch A 2017 go to camp?
While you patiently wait for the portal for registration for 2017 Batch A Prospective Corps Members to open, it is very much necessary to prepare for your NYSC Service Year. NYSC service will be for you what you want it to be depending on how you prepared for it.
There’s no point asking which State pays the highest State allowance (allowii) and lobbying to go there if you are well prepared for the Service Year. There are many practical ways of earning extra income during your service year and you’ll be surprised that you can earn more than the highest paid state allowance (allowee) in the Country.
Having a skill could really make your service year enjoyable. It made mine. I will soon share with you many ventures you can indulge in to enjoy your service year.
NYSC 2017 Batch A timetable has been updated. Online registration will now commence on 20th April 2017.
Below is the full updated NYSC Mobilization Time Table For 2017 Batch A as published by NYSC
|1||Briefing/Sensitization of Final year students/prospective corps Members.||4th – 16th April 2017|
|2||Display of list of all approved programmes for institutions on NYSC portal for cross checking feedback.||3rd – 7th April 2017|
|3||Collation of Prospective Corps Members’ Data by Corps Producing Institutions (CPIs)||3rd – 9th April 2017|
|4||Submission/Uploading of Senate/Academic Board Approved Result for Full/Part-Time Graduates and Revalidation Lists by CPIs||10th – 19th April 2017|
|5||Uploading of Corrected Lists by Corps Producing Institutions (CPIs)||10th – 19th April 2017|
|6||On-line Registration by Foreign and locally Trained Nigerian Graduates||20th April to 6th May 2017|
|7||Entertainment of complaints from Prospective Corps Members by the state Deployment and Relocation officers and NYSC Help Lines/Desks||20th April to 6th May 2017|
|8||Forwarding of Complaints to Mobilisation Dept by State Deployment and Relocation officers||20th April to 6th May 2017|
|9||Deployment and printing of call-up letters by ICT department||8th – 9th May, 2017|
|10||Notification/On-line Printing of Call-up Letters/delivery of call-up letters to institutions||8th – 9th May, 2017|
|11||Online printing of deployment disposition by Corps Producing Institutions (CPIs)||8th – 9th May, 2017|
|12||2017 Batch ‘A’ Orientation Course|
Requirements for NYSC Registration/Mobilization of Graduates
Nigerians who have graduated from Universities and Mono/Polytechnics in Nigeria and abroad ready to enrol for the NYSC Scheme for either Batch A or Batch B should note the following Requirements for NYSC Registration/Mobilization of Graduates
In order to ensure a seamless registration, prospective corps members are to note the following for strict compliance:
The Website address is any of the following:
- Prospective Corps members should ensure that they have functional e-mail addresses that they can access and Nigerian (GSM) telephone numbers with which to register.
- Locally trained prospective Corps members are expected to use correct Matriculation numbers to register
- For locally-trained graduates, only those whose names appear in the Senate/Academic Board Approved Result lists submitted by their Institutions will have access to the register on the NYSC portal.
- Foreign-trained prospective corps members should ensure that their Institutions are accredited. Where in doubt, it is their responsibility to approach Federal Ministry of Education for verification. The letter of verification must be uploaded during registration.
- Those who graduated from Institutions outside Nigeria, (Foreign-trained graduates), are to visit the NYSC portal, register and upload the following documents:
- West African School Certificate(WASC) (with not less than 5 Credits at 2 sittings) or its equivalent; or General Certificate of Education (GCE O’ Level) (with not less than 5 Credits at 2 sittings) or its equivalent; or NECO (with not less than 5 Credits at 2 sittings) or its equivalent; or High School Diploma or its equivalent.
- First Degree or Higher National Diploma (HND) Certificate (Second Degree or Ph.D not necessary).
- Transcript of the first Degree or HND.
- International travelling Passport showing data page and date of departure for the course of study.
It is the responsibility of the prospective corps members who studied in non-English speaking countries to get their Certificates and Transcripts translated into English language before uploading.
All graduates of Medicine, Veterinary Medicine, Physiotheraphy, Radiology, Optometry, Medical Laboratory Science and Pharmacy are expected to have their Certificates of Registration with their professional bodies. Payment receipts are not acceptable.
Unlike in the past, Foreign-trained graduates should NOT visit NYSC Headquarters, Abuja for verification of their documents. This exercise will now be done at the Orientation Camps. They should simply print their call-up letters on-line and report at the Orientation camps in their States of deployment, but should come to the camp with the original documents they uploaded for verification.
WARNING: Anybody who presents any fake document will be demobilized and decamped.
Prospective corps members should ensure that Passport photographs used meet the following specifications:
- Ensure your face (eyes, nose, ears, mouth and jaw) is fully shown without bending
- Ensure the picture fills the frame and centralized
- Ensure the Photo background is white or off-white with no shadow.
- On no account should prospective corps members register by PROXY. They should also remember the fingers used for their biometric capturing as these will be used for verification at the orientation camps. Those who cannot be verified with their biometric at the orientation camp will not be registered.
- Only prospective corps members who want their call-up numbers sent to them through SMS and wish to PRINT their call-up letters on-line are expected to pay the sum of Three Thousand Naira (N3,000.00) (see NYSC Portal on how to make payment).
- Prospective Corps members who do not want to pay the N3,000.00 have the option of going to their schools to collect their call-up numbers and call-up letters.
- All prospective corps members who paid for the online registration before but were not mobilized need not pay again.
- Married female prospective corps members (whether locally or foreign-trained) should upload copies of their marriage Certificates, evidence of Change of name and their husbands’ place of domicile during registration.
- The orientation camp is highly not ideal for pregnant and nursing mothers. Prospective corps members in this categoriy are therefore to note that they will not be accommodated.
- Prospective corps members who graduated from Institutions located in the following Geo-Political Zones with challenges related to mobilization should contact the following Telephone Numbers:
- North Central – 08092142614
- North East – 08102790538
- North West – 08092142661
- South East – 09038034460
- South West – 07019190810
- South South – 08092142616
All Part-time graduates are expected to register online and wait for collection of their Letter of Exclusion at their various Institutions. For those willing to print the Letter of Exclusion online, this can be done on payment of Three Thousand Naira (N3, 000.00) only.
PLEASE NOTE THAT ONCE THE PORTAL IS CLOSED, THERE WILL BE NO FURTHER REGISTRATION.
@Emmyloaded.com.ng, we want to keep you informed while completing your clearance in school and waiting to obtain your result and call to service.
Also like our Page for instant news feed.