The British Council is the world’s leading cultural relations organization and creates opportunities for people in the UK and worldwide to understand each other, to work together and learn from one another. We see this as crucial to building secure, more prosperous and sustainable futures for us all.
We build trust and understanding between different countries and cultures and develop strong international links that are of benefit to people in Britain and the rest of the world.
We are recruiting to fill the below position below:
Job Position: IELTS Examiner Reference number: IELTS Examiners –
Location: Port Harcourt, Abuja, Lagos, Enugu, Calabar, Benin,Ibadan, Illorin
- An undergraduate degree or a qualification which can be demonstrated to be equivalent to an undergraduate degree.
- A recognized qualification in Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL) / Teaching English as a Foreign Language (TEFL) / or recognized equivalent as part of a recognized university award course.**
- At least 3 years full time (14 hours per week minimum or the equivalent part time) relevant TESOL/TEFL teaching experience (minimum one year post certificate level qualification). The majority of this teaching experience must relate to adult students (16 years and over).
- The required professional attributes and interpersonal skills. Please see our recruitment pack for more details.
- UK qualifications: CELTA; DELTA; Cert. TESOL; Dip. TESOL; PGCE; B Ed.; M Ed; MA Applied Linguistics. Assessed teaching practice and ESOL/EFL studies at cert. level must be part of the course.
- Nigerian qualifications include either a Nigerian 1st degree, an NCE in ELT plus relevant teaching experience and IELTS 9.0. Or Nigerian B.Ed in English Language Teaching (transcripts verify course content), relevant teaching experience plus IELTS 9.0. A first degree plus a Nigerian PGDE or M.Ed/MA in TESOL or TEFL (transcripts verify course content), plus relevant teaching experience and IELTS 9.0. If shortlisted, you will need to submit a transcript of the teaching course you attended.
We are looking for examiners to conduct one to one interviews with IELTS candidates to assess their spoken English according to set requirements, and assess written scripts produced by candidates under exam conditions.
- Examiners are recruited on a casual basis and are expected to examine at least ten sessions a year at regular intervals.
- IELTS examinations regularly take place in Lagos, Abuja and Port Harcourt. Therefore, we are looking for examiners who live in, or within relatively easy reach of these cities. We may occasionally run examinations in other cities in Nigeria.
- Training of successful candidates will be after shortlisting.
Remuneration is paid per interview/script
Deadline 31st December, 2017.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should read through the IELTS Examiner Minimum Professional Requirements & IELTS Guide for Examiner Applicants documents. Download and complete the Application Form and the Reference Request form below.
Completed applications should be sent via email to:
- IELTS Guide for Examiner Applicants (Adobe PDF 20KB)
- Examiner Minimum Professional Requirements (Adobe PDF 80KB)
- Examiner Application Form (Microsoft Word 183KB)
- Reference Request Form (Microsoft Word 53KB)
INEC Recruitment 2018/2019 – See Independent National Electoral Commission
This guide is about INEC Recruitment 2018/2019 by The Electoral Institute (TEl) an organ of the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC).
Independent National Electoral Commission recruitment 2018 will be done in due time by inec which is responsible for training for elections and electoral research.
You should also note that inec is responsible for conducting elections in various levels of government.
Nigerian Navy Recruitment 2018/2019 | See Application – www.joinnigeriannavy.com
Education5 months ago
Nigerian Maritime University 2018/2019 Admission Screening Form And Guide
Jobs Vacancy6 months ago
Apply For Federal Teachers Scheme (FTS) Recruitment 2018-2019
Education8 months ago
How To Check Admission Status With JAMB CAPS – Register And Login
Jobs Vacancy9 months ago
NDDC Skills Acquisition List Of Successful Candidates For Interview 2017/2018 – Check Now
Jobs Vacancy12 months ago
Indorama Eleme Fertilizer Plant Recruitment 2017 | See Application Details & How To Apply Here
Jobs Vacancy4 months ago
NDDC Maritime Training 2018 Application Form And How To Apply Online
Jobs Vacancy1 week ago
Nigerian Airforce Dssc Recruitment 2018/2019 Form – (NAF) Special DSSC Enlistment
Jobs Vacancy10 months ago
Apply For NDDC Skills Acquisition Training Programmes 2017/2018 | See Application Guide Here